Listed below is a sample of useful resources, which address some of the social and psychological issues of global warming, its effects, its mitigation and our adaptation.
1. Climate Change and the Coast – Bruce Glavovic from Massey University
2. Climate Wars – Gwynne Dyer.
3. Storms of My Grandchildren – James Hansen.
4. This Changes Everything – Naomi Klein.
5. Time of Useful Consciousness – Ralph Chapman from V.U.W.
6. Why are we waiting: The Logic, Urgency & Promise of Tackling Climate Change – Lord Nicholas Stern.
7. Climate Change, What Everyone Needs to Know – John Abraham.
8. The Sixth Extinction – Elizabeth Colbert.
9. The Great Disruption: How the Climate Crisis Will Transform the Global Economy – Paul Gilding.
10. Living in a Warmer World: How a Changing Climate Will Affect Our Lives – Jim Salinger.
11. Atmosphere of Hope: Searching for Solutions to the Climate Crisis – Tim Flannery.
12. Prosperity without Growth: Economics for a Finite Planet. – Tim Jackson.
13. The Transition Handbook. Creating Local Sustainable Communities Beyond Oil Dependency. – Rob Hopkins.
14. The End of Nature – Bill McKibben.
15. Growth Shock – Robert Fanney.
16. Oct – Nov NZ Geographic. Article – “Rising Seas”
17. Nov. National Geographic. Article – “Cool It”
18. The Ecology of Commerce: A Declaration of Sustainability by Paul Hawken. It deals with how a government can use taxation as a way of forcing business activity into climate supportive action.
- Ocean warming: http://robertscribbler.com/category/climate-change-2/
- Arctic Methane Emergency Group. http://ameg.me/
- Debunking Climate Change myths http://www.skepticalscience.com/
- Multiple interesting articles on climate reality http://climatechangepsychology.blogspot.co.nz
- James Hansen blogs, lectures etc. http://www.columbia.edu/~jeh1/
- David Wasdell: Apollo-Gaia Project http://www.apollo-gaia.org/harsh-realities-of-now.html
- The Deep South Science Challenge, hosted by NIWA, is a research collaboration between Crown Research Institutes, universities and other research providers in NZ. http://www.deepsouthchallenge.co.nz/
- Animated history of CO2 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0dXjmoA0dw&feature=youtu.be
- The People’s Demands. http://peoplestestonclimate.org/
- Sea Level Rise Report. http://www.pce.parliament.nz/our-work/news-insights/prepare-for-rising-seas-warns-environment-commissioner
- Popular site on global warming http://wattsupwiththat.com
- Psychological impacts of Climate Change https://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/amp-66-4-265.pdf
- Journal dealing with specifically NZ consequences of climate change http://igps.victoria.ac.nz/publications/publications/show/368
1. ‘2 Degrees’ – Ange Palmer.
2. ‘The Age of Stupid’ – Franny Armstrong.
3. ‘Force of Nature’ – David Suzuki.
4. ‘Cowspiracy’ – Leonardo DiCaprio
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org